Chamber of Commerce Northern Territory
The Chamber of Commerce NT – the “Voice of Territory business” – was established in 1957. It is the largest and most influential employer association in the Northern Territory. An independent, not for profit and non government body, the Chamber provides a wide range of member services, including workplace relations advice, excellent networking and other business development opportunities, a strong platform to identify, advocate and influence key issues affecting members and the ability to represent member’s views at federal, territory and local government level. We maintain offices in Alice Springs, Tennant Creek, Katherine, Nhulunbuy and Darwin.
The International, Trade and Commerce Division within the Chamber can give you advice and information on exporting, importing, and other trade-related activities.
The International Business Council (IBC) is an incorporated member-based Council within the Chamber NT, whose members are involved in the exporting, importing and trading of myriad products and/or services.
The IBC hosts a dedicated TradeStart Advisor, in partnership with Austrade, whose primary responsibility is to assist NT companies in accessing export opportunities.
We can provide advice on the following aspects of international trade:
- Starting up an import or export business
- Trade documentation requirements - Certificates of Australian Origin
- Finding suppliers or buyers both in Australia and overseas
- Export market assessments
- Export assistance programs
- Business and skilled migration
- Latest information on customs requirements, travel / consular advice, trade events, and business delegations
For more information go to www.ibc.org.au