Australian TradeLinks Australia Thailand Business Council
Welcome to the Australia Thailand Business Council
The Australia Thailand Business Council (ATBC) is the go-to body for access, insight and advocacy on Aust-Thai business. The Council works to build strong links between the private sectors of Australian and Thai businesses, as well as developing mutually beneficial relations with our respective governments. The Council works closely with AustCham in Thailand.
Australia and Thailand celebrated 60 years of diplomatic relations last year. The two countries are major trading partners, and trade has grown rapidly since the Thailand-Australia Free Trade Agreement (TAFTA) came into force in January 2005.
Thailand is Australia’s eighth largest trading partner with two-way merchandise trade reaching $15 billion in the 2011 financial year.
Examples of services provided by the ATBC and AustCham Thailand which are of great benefit to members include:
- Access to people who have insights, networks and a deep understanding of how to manage issues relating to regulatory, licence to operate, or cross- border access
- Input to Thai and Australian government regarding issues of interest and importance to our members, and the provision of valuable insights and support to government negotiators.
- Focused Boardroom and Ambassadorial briefings with Chatham House Rules for CEO/Board level heads of business
- Monthly email digests of information of relevance
- Events which explore multilateral, regional and comparative analysis of regional business, and provide the opportunity to hear from others who have navigated similar challenges and succeeded in the business world
For more information please go to - www.aust-thai.org.au